Friday, December 09, 2005

I guess that's it, then...

I can finally kick into touch the job I currently have. Team Leader at KFC... it doesn't sound so glam, does it? Well, you'd be right. If it isn't one thing it's another, every day worked seems to be a battle. If it isn't something breaking or going wrong, it's a member of staff having a paddy.

I mean, it's not all bad. Sometimes the job is really rewarding and enjoyable, other times, it's just plain stressful.

Well, not much longer to go. I've done 6 months of hard graft there for no more than minimum wage, I've been offered and accepted a better job, with less hours, more pay, a little more travelling, but at least it's REGULAR hours and not changing one week to the next.

It also looks like a job I'll enjoy. I guess we'll see.

Anyway, so today I finally decided... I'm taking it. We've talked it over, and the thing is, Sara can easily get a job for an evening or weekend, far easier than she could get the job she has at the moment (it's an early start for her, it was the only way she could get a job around my hours). I'd have been pretty daft not to, I think.

Sara and Caitlin are both well, although Caitlin was mysteriously very tired this evening, hardly ate any tea, and went to sleep without a struggle, and she's still asleep now. Her cough's intermittently bothering her, so we got some kid's cough mixture, seems to have helped a bit.

The Ultimate World Cup continues, tonight England beat Lebanon 18-6. Not much to write home about, except for one spectacular try that started on the left wing with a break from Danny Orr, spread right across the field to Keith Senior, who managed to tear down the right wing, before running across to the posts to score under them.

Well, I've got some software for my phone to try out, guess I'll give that a go. I've got one of them Symbian Series 60 things, so it can run emulators and stuff, I've got a C64 one I'd like to try out...

Laters, man.

1 Comments:

Blogger CRUEL KEV. said...

Good luck with the new job. And thanks for tne mention on your blog in return I am putting a link to your blog on my QUALITY BLOGGERS page located at: http://pettyofficercruel1.blogspot.com/

3:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home