Monday, December 05, 2005

There's something in my face....

No, really. I woke up this morning, and Sara told me I looked like I'd been punched in the face. Now, I haven't (to be honest, I can't remember the last time I really took a good punch there, it was probably back when I played Rugby League). I've got a little lump in that area of my face, but I'm pretty sure it's just a small spot under the skin.

In case you haven't read my profile, by the way, Sara is my partner. She's beautiful, wonderful, and I love her to bits, and I hope to God that one day we'll be married and have our own house instead of living in a rented flat like we do at the moment. But for the moment, life is good, our flat's in not too bad an area, although it's not central-heated, it stays nice and warm (probably partly thanks to the bloke below and his heating), and there's enough space for us, and plenty of crawling room for our beautiful little girl, Caitlin.

Anyway, apart from that, the day's been pretty good. I have my good days and bad days when it comes to being a father. Today has definitely been one of my good days. I try to make every day a good day, but sometimes it just feels like everything I touch messes up in some way. I've just started two weeks holiday from work (come at just the right time... Christmas is looming quickly!), so I'm hoping to get lots done around the flat as well.

But I still have to take some time out for myself. The night time is where I go on the internet, start lots of arguments and debates in various forums, play a few games and so on. Just now, I'm catching up on a little bit of "Lost". It's being shown on Channel 4 and E4 at the moment, and although I'm well up to speed on it, I missed the first 3 episodes or so, and I'm curious if there's any clues hidden away there that I haven't picked up on. It's a fascinating programme, some real thought has gone into it, and I really enjoy trying to work out what's coming next. Just in case any Yanks come reading this, don't spoil it for me, we still don't really know who Ethan is, and we still don't know what's in the hatch. I'm very curious as to where Locke got all his survival skills from, he seems a breed apart from everyone else, and I think I'm finding his back-story more compelling than anyone elses.

Before I head to bed for the night, I'll probably have a quick game on the Rugby League game. Ever since I put my new graphics card in, it's running much faster on maximum detail, and now that I'm consistently defeating the computer on "League God" difficulty, I'm ready for Rugby League 2 to arrive on these shores.

I've been having a go of a rather addictive little game today, it's the "Finger Frenzy" game. The idea is to type the alphabet as quickly as you can. I managed to get my time down to 2.875 seconds, but the quickest time is like, 1 second, or something. That's just crazy. You can find that game HERE.

And finally, look at this picture here... it's my pic uploaded to a "Face Matching" site. It seems to study your facial details, and determine a celebrity that you resemble. I would NEVER have said I look like Ewan McGregor... but apparently, I do. You can have a go of this by clicking HERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home