Monday, January 31, 2011

www.fishsta.co.uk - Major overhaul imminent!

OK. So updating the website looks like it’s fallen by the wayside? You’d be wrong.

The truth is, I’ve found myself a little project to work on, and my website is the vehicle for it to be carried on.

Basically, I’ve decided to focus the website more on useful stuff rather than pictures of me and my family, especially since Facebook gives me the chance to share pictures with the people I actually want to share them with for free anyway. So that will be going.

The Retro Blog, Retro Reviews, XM Music and even Fruit Machine Emulation, despite the fact I haven’t done a release for God knows how long, will continue to have a home here.

The new addition to the www.fishsta.co.uk family is the TI99/4A project.

Basically, I’ve not found anywhere on the internet that provides a decent resource of non-cartridge or disk games or software. This does mean a large quantity of games will remain unplayed by the modern retro gamer. Well, I want to do something about it. Especially since I have access to many listings and tapes with software on them.

Yes, it’s probably going to be slow and laborious, but I don’t mind. I like to be useful.

The Guestbook will be getting a sprucing up as well. So it’s all change really! Brace yourself for the “new” website coming online this coming week.

In other news, I’m still keenly gaming online on the likes of Uncharted 2. Oh, and I just turned another year older. Bah.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there.

Old TI tapes you want to do something with?

Install the multi-emulator called MESS. Play your TI tapes into your PC and save as WAV files.

Use an audio program such as Audacity to clean these up - speed, pitch, whatever.

Run the TI99/4A emulator on MESS and OLD CS! and your TI tapes will load into the emulator.

The program TiDir for Windows also does lots of useful things with TI files / disks in v9t9 or PC99 format.

best wishes Stainless

9:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are terabytes of TI programs in disk format on the internet. The ftp site of Western Horizon technology has whole collections eg all the Jim Peterson collection, all the Amnion collection, and so on.

check out ftp://ftp.whtech.com/

Malcolm Adams has made all of his TI programs available on his website
http://webspace.webring.com/people/o0/04451/

Why not also look at the small collection of handpicked programs
at http://shawweb.myzen.co.uk/stephen/pc99dsk.htm
(the page also has a file to use with MESS).

best wishes

Stainless

9:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was Extended Basic meant to be downwards compatible with plain TI BASIC?

i was trying out XYGRAPHP and I happened to be in Ext. BASIC. It won't run and says:

BAD VALUE in 32729

Which is just CALL COLOR(I,2,2) where I is in a FOR loop from 1 to 16.

The program runs fine in BASIC. I'm using the latest version of MESS.

4:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home